Experienced & Dedicated
If you have suffered from stroke, pulmonary embolism, deep vein thrombosis or atrial fibrillation, you and your doctors might consider medication to help manage your condition. Pradaxa is one such medication that commonly is prescribed for conditions like these. Although Pradaxa can be useful and even life saving, you need to be aware of the risk of side effects, particularly if you already have certain conditions or take another form of medication.
Here at the Lamber Goodnow team, we work hard with our co-counsel firms to protect the rights of consumers across the country. Part of that is helping to keep them informed. Before you take a new medication, be sure that you understand its side effects and have all your questions answered by your doctor.
If you have questions regarding your legal rights and wish to speak with a Pradaxa lawyer, please contact us for a free initial consultation.
Pradaxa: What It Is, and Its Side Effects
Pradaxa is an anticoagulant drug, which means it’s a drug that inhibits your blood’s ability to form a clot. Pradaxa has the potential to cause a wide range of side effects, ranging from the minor and inconvenient to the severe and dangerous. Additionally, there are many contraindications (situations that require you choose a different drug) for Pradaxa.
Side effects from Pradaxa range from minor to more serious. To view a more thorough list of side effects, take the time to read this web page, as well as any materials your doctor might provide to you. If you begin to experience side effects that are serious or linger past a level of your comfort, contact your doctor immediately.
Some of the minor side effects of Pradaxa include:
- Discomfort or pain in the stomach or abdomen
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Heartburn, indigestion or the feeling of a “sour” stomach
- Bruises that occur easily and/or heal slowly
- Itching or rashes on the skin
- Minor bleeding (such as nosebleeds) that occurs easily and takes a long time to stop
Pradaxa can cause some major side effects that can be serious or life threatening. If you believe that you are experiencing the symptoms of a major side effect, contact your doctor or seek emergency medical attention right away. With some side effects, such as stomach problems, you will note that minor side effects and major side effects are the same—the only difference is the severity.
Some of Pradaxa’s major side effects are:
- Vomiting material that looks like coffee grounds (if you experience this, you may be vomiting blood which has been partially digested)
- Stomach problems, including nausea, vomiting, pain, burning, or discomfort in the stomach
- Heartburn, belching, or a painful or burning sensation in your throat
- Stools that are bloody, black, or have a tarry appearance
- Diarrhea or constipation
- Problems breathing, dizziness, vertigo or an unexplained loss of consciousness
- Skin problems like rashes, itching or burning spots, hives and so on
- Heartbeats that are irregular or too rapid
- Weakness, a feeling of tiredness or a general uncomfortable feeling
In addition to side effects, there are many contraindications with the drug that should otherwise preclude you from taking Pradaxa. To view a thorough explanation of Pradaxa-related contraindications, view this article. You should always review your medical history with your doctor, as well as go over your current medications and supplements.
If You Have Suffered Injury from Pradaxa Side Effects, We Can Help
If you have suffered from taking Pradaxa, we may be able to help.
The Lamber Goodnow team never charges for an initial consultation. Contact us today at 800-283-2652, and let’s talk more about your situation.
Discuss Your Case With A Lawyer Now