Peoria Slip and Fall Attorneys
Won or Settled*
99% Success Rate.
Over 440 5 Star Reviews
No Fee Promise
No fee unless you get paid.
Slip, trip, and fall accidents are unfortunately common, resulting in millions of injuries every year. While some of these incidents are mere accidents, many are caused by the negligence of property owners or operators. For victims of serious injuries due to slip and fall accidents in Peoria, Arizona, the Lamber Goodnow Injury Lawyers can provide expert legal guidance and representation. With over 30 years of experience, Marc Lamber is a leading authority on slip and fall accidents and is dedicated to helping clients recover the compensation they deserve.
Key factors in slip and fall accidents
- Cause: Negligence of property owners or operators
- Resulting injuries: Traumatic brain injuries, fractures, spinal cord injuries, and more
- Legal basis: Premises liability law
Visitor status and duty of care
- Trespassers: Lowest duty of care (no intentional harm)
- Invitees: Higher duty of care (maintain safe premises and correct hazards)
- Licensees: Higher duty of care (maintain safe premises and correct hazards)
Slip and fall accidents can occur for various reasons, including:
- Wet or slippery floors
- Uneven sidewalks or broken pavement
- Potholes in parking lots
- Damaged carpeting or loose tiles
- Poorly maintained staircases or missing handrails
- Obstructions in walkways or aisles
- Inadequate warning signs
These accidents can lead to a wide range of injuries, such as:
- Fractured hips, wrists, or arms
- Sprained or strained ankles or knees
- Pelvic fractures
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Dislocated joints
- Broken legs or ankles
- Soft tissue injuries
To establish liability in a slip and fall accident, it is necessary to demonstrate that the property owner or operator was negligent in maintaining the premises. Factors such as the victim’s actions or the property owner’s knowledge of the hazard can impact the outcome of the case. The legal team at Lamber Goodnow Injury Lawyers will thoroughly investigate your case, gathering crucial evidence and assessing all contributing factors to establish liability and pursue the compensation you deserve.
To successfully prove negligence in a slip and fall accident, the following elements must be established:
- The victim was an invitee or licensee on the property.
- The property owner had a duty to maintain a safe environment.
- The property owner breached this duty of care.
- The breach of duty directly caused the slip and fall accident and resulting injuries.
- The victim suffered measurable damages as a result of the accident.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a slip and fall accident in Peoria, Arizona, due to a property owner’s negligence, contact the experienced attorneys at Lamber Goodnow Injury Lawyers. With their thorough approach and commitment to client success, they can help you navigate the legal process and secure the compensation you deserve.
Discuss Your Case With A Lawyer Now
FAQs: Slip & Fall Accidents in Peoria
Q: What should I do immediately after a slip and fall accident?
A: Following a slip and fall accident, it’s important to take several steps to protect your health and potential legal claim:
- Seek medical attention for any injuries.
- Report the incident to the property owner or manager.
- Document the scene, including taking photos or videos of the hazard and your injuries.
- Gather contact information from any witnesses.
- Avoid discussing the accident or your injuries on social media.
- Contact a knowledgeable slip and fall attorney for legal advice and representation.
Q: How long do I have to file a claim for a slip and fall accident in Arizona?
A: In Arizona, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases, including slip and fall accidents, is generally two years from the date of the accident. It’s crucial to file your claim within this time frame, as failure to do so may result in losing your right to pursue compensation.
Q: Can I still recover compensation if I was partially at fault for the accident?
A: Arizona follows a comparative negligence rule, which means that even if you were partially at fault for the accident, you can still recover compensation. However, your damages will be reduced by the percentage of fault assigned to you.
Q: What types of damages can I recover in a slip and fall claim?
A: In a slip and fall claim, you may be eligible to recover various types of damages, including:
- Medical expenses (past and future)
- Lost wages and loss of earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Property damage (if applicable)
Q: How can a lawyer help me with my slip and fall claim?
Answer: An experienced slip and fall lawyer can help you by:
- Evaluating the merits of your claim.
- Investigating the accident and gathering crucial evidence.
- Determining the liable parties and establishing their negligence.
- Negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Advocating for your best interests in court, if necessary.
- Ensuring you receive the maximum compensation for your injuries and losses.
Q: What if the property owner claims they were not aware of the hazard that caused my accident?
A: A property owner’s lack of knowledge about a hazard does not automatically absolve them of responsibility. Property owners have a duty to regularly inspect and maintain their premises to identify and rectify potential hazards. If it can be proven that the property owner should have reasonably known about the hazard through regular inspection and maintenance, they may still be held liable for your injuries.
"My wife and I had occasion to use Mr. Lamber and his staff for a legal matter. The entire staff was wonderful. They kept us informed of every step and communicated quickly and effectively as things changed or progressed. We would highly recommend Mr. Lamber and his staff to anyone needing legal advice or assistance. They had a very high level of integrity and professionalism. It's too bad there are only 5 stars for their rating. They are excellent."
"I just got rear-ended today, but I'm thankful I found this firm. They take care of you in general, and if you don't make enough to cover your costs, they back you up 100%. Stephanie Ramos gave excellent and kind customer service by getting me in motion with the whole process. Attorney Donn Coolidge gave me the rundown of the situation very clearly, and I'm looking forward to working with him. I fully recommend this firm!"
Jonathan Carrillo Lopez
2394 E Camelback Rd #600
Phoenix, AZ 85016