Call 24/7 for Free Consultation


conversation (1)


Call 24/7
for Free Consultation


When another person gets into their vehicle and becomes a negligent driver, it puts the lives of everyone else on the road at risk. If you become the unlucky victim of a negligent driver on the road, you’re going to incur medical bills. Even if you decide you aren’t injured because an accident was relatively minor, you still need medical attention. Many medical issues stemming from a car accident take a while to manifest. For example, injuries from whiplash can take weeks or even months to appear depending on the severity of the injury at the time of the accident. Internal injuries are another common problem.

The biggest mistake you’ll make following an accident is refusing medical attention. Get checked out so you can find any hidden issues right away. This is not only beneficial to your overall health, it’s imperative for your lawsuit. If you want medical bills paid, you want to have your medical injuries documented right away following an accident. At-fault drivers and their insurance agency and attorneys have fewer arguments to make when they review your injuries.

Understanding Medical Bills

When you’re injured in a car accident or other accident caused by someone else’s negligence, it’s easy to assume someone else is responsible for the bills. While this might be true, the bills are your responsibility from the start. You’ll present your insurance card when you go to the hospital or doctor’s office, and you’ll pay the copays and deductibles required of you. If you refuse to pay these bills when they’re due, you run a risk of having your account sent to collections, which can damage your credit history. Pay the bills as they become due. You can work out a payment arrangement with many medical facilities in many instances, which might be helpful if you cannot afford to pay these bills in full right away.

Insurance and Medical Bills

You’re using your health insurance, which is imperative. However, you will also find car insurance is a valuable tool if you’re injured in a car accident. If you live in a no-fault state, you’ll want to use your own insurance company to help pay your bills. This requires calling and filing a claim. If you reside in a state with fault, you’ll call the insurance company of the at-fault driver and ask them to cover the cost of your medical bills.

When the accident report states the accident was someone else’s fault, most insurance companies will pay the fees and settle the case handing you the funds to pay your medical bills. If your bills exceed $10,000, you will run into some issues. Most insurance policies only cover medical bills up to this dollar amount. If your injuries are serious, life-threatening, or life-altering, you’re facing medical bills that exceed this dollar amount substantially.

Contacting an Attorney

If you’re only receiving compensation to cover a portion of your medical bills when someone else was responsible for your injuries, you’re not getting the financial help you need. It’s not your responsibility to go into debt or face financial issues because of someone else’s negligence. Now is the time to contact an attorney. We don’t charge for your initial meeting, and we work hard to ensure you win your case.

– Medical bills
– Pain and suffering
– Personal property repair or compensation

These are just a few of the damages we’ll seek when you’re injured. If you need to pay medical bills, we work to reach a settlement with the at-fault driver or their insurance company to ease your financial burden. This requires evaluating your doctor’s diagnosis, your future medical costs if you have long-term injuries, and the quality of your life now that you’ve been injured. It’s not going to be an easy process, and you’re going to be responsible for contacting us and paying your medical bills upfront. Let us help you seek the compensation you deserve when someone else makes a gross mistake that costs you so much more than just your medical bills and all that those entail.

What’s My Case Worth?