Phoenix Xarelto Lawyers
If you have taken Xarelto or one of its generic counterparts and suffered an injury as a result, you may be eligible to be compensated for your losses. Depending on the specifics of your case, you may be eligible to recover for medical expenses, lost wages, and possibly more.
At Lamber Goodnow, we focus our practice on fighting for people just like you: People who have been hurt as a result of the negligent actions of someone else—be it an individual or business. Here is some information on Xarelto, and some of the common side effects suffered by many of the people who have used it.
If you think you have suffered from using Xarelto, please do not hesitate to contact us. We can help you put your life back together. We are a Phoenix-based injury law team, and we are here for you. Give us a call, or send us an email, and let’s talk.
What is Xarelto?
Xarelto is a blood thinner that is primarily used to prevent blood clots from forming in your body. It can be used to combat a condition known as deep vein thrombosis, or it may be prescribed to people who have suffered a stroke or other type of cardiac event.
Xarelto is available as a name-brand and generic drug. Both forms of the drug have the potential to cause serious side effects. In some cases, the side effects can be almost as dangerous as the condition the drug was meant to prevent. In fact, some of the more serious side effects of Xarelto can lead to internal bleeding and even death.
What are Some of the Potential Side Effects of Xarelto?
The list of possible side effects from Xarelto is long. As such, this article will focus on the common side effects. If you think you may be suffering from taking the drug, you should consult with your medical professional right away, even if your symptoms are not among those discussed below.
Major side effects. Some of the more serious side effects of Xarelto are listed below. If you are experiencing any of these side effects, you should seek medical attention immediately. Waiting and hoping that your body will eventually adapt to the drug is a dangerous gamble if you are suffering from a major side effect.
Keep in mind that this list is not all-inclusive, and there are other significant side effects you may experience. For a closer look at more possible side effects, see this webpage.
If you experience any of the following, there’s a good chance you are experiencing a side effect of Xarelto:
- Excessive blood in your stools. This may indicate that the drug is causing an ulceration or other source of bleeding in your bowels. As this can be quite dangerous, you should seek attention without delay.
- Vomiting blood or dark material. If you are bleeding in your upper gastrointestinal tract or in your stomach itself, this condition may be manifested through the vomiting of blood or a dark lumpy material resembling coffee grounds (this is partially digested blood).
- Bleeding from an orifice. If you are bleeding from your rectal or vaginal area (and, in the case of the latter, it is not your regular menstrual cycle), you need to see a doctor immediately.
- Numbness, tingling, or a “pins and needles” sensation. A prolonged sensation similar to what you experience when your foot falls asleep may be a sign of serious problems from Xarelto.
- Nosebleeds or coughing up blood. Essentially, anything that suggests you are bleeding excessively from the soft mucous membranes in your sinus cavity and/or throat could be indicative that you are reacting to the drug.
- Feelings of dizziness, faintness, shortness of breath, weakness in the extremities, or paralysis. Although Xarelto is intended to target a function of your blood (namely, its ability to clot), it may sometimes have an impact on your nervous system. If you see anything that suggests your nervous system is not working properly, it might be a result of using the drug.
What Should You Do?
Keep in mind that, although the side effects of the drug can be dangerous, so too can blood clots. It is not advisable to simply discontinue taking the medication without talking with a healthcare professional. Your primary concern should be to consult a healthcare provider immediately.
After you have done this, you may want to begin considering what you are going to do to protect yourself and recover for any financial losses that you might suffer as a result of using Xarelto.
The complications that Xarelto can cause include severe internal bleeding and even death. If you have been hospitalized or required extensive treatment as a result of using the drug, you may be entitled to compensation for your experience.
Further, if you have had to miss work because of a complication from taking Xarelto, or if you have missed out on promotions and other career opportunities, you may be able to recover some of the damages of your lost wages.
Call to Speak with a Phoenix Xarelto Attorney
We are here to help you, and we work with you to make it happen. We offer free initial consultations, and we never charge you a dime until you recover money first. Contact us today, and let us see if we may be able to help.