Call 24/7 for Free Consultation


conversation (1)


Call 24/7
for Free Consultation
Home 9 Car Accidents 9 What Compensation Am I Entitled To If The Other Driver Is At Fault?

What Compensation Am I Entitled To If The Other Driver Is At Fault?

Car accidents are complex legal issues with many working parts. A police report is required, insurance companies become involved, and legalities make it possible for a victim to seek compensation for several factors. Other legal issues make it impossible for victims to seek damages if the other driver doesn’t have insurance or the correct type of insurance. This is precisely why so many accident victims rely on the legal help of an attorney when it comes to filing a claim. If you are considering a lawsuit against another driver and their insurance company if he or she is the at-fault party following a car accident, you should know what kind of compensation you’re entitled to.

Medical Expenses

If you have any injuries related to the accident, you are free to seek compensation for the cost of your medical bills. This is only medical bills you’ve incurred following the occurrence of an accident. You’re not free to seek compensation from medical bills you had before, nor can you seek compensation for medical bills you incurred after the accident that had nothing to do with the accident. For example, if you are pregnant and someone hits you and causes you to go into premature labor as a result of the accident, you can seek compensation to pay those medical bills as well the bills your baby will incur being in the hospital for an extended period of time.

If you were pregnant when you were hit and neither your baby or the pregnancy was affected and go on to have your baby at the correct time, the baby is perfectly healthy, and all goes well, you cannot seek compensation to pay that medical bill.

Lost Wages

If your injuries cause you to miss work because of your recovery from surgery or other issues, you can claim lost wages. You need income to survive, and not receiving income due to your injuries is detrimental to your entire life. Any funds you miss as a result of not working following an accident can be claimed as potential compensation in a lawsuit.

Loss of Companionship

If your loved one dies in an accident caused by someone else, you lose a very important part of your life. If you are badly injured in a car accident and your spouse decides to leave you because he or she cannot live with someone who has medical issues, a new disability, or because you developed anxiety or depression as a result, you lose companionship. This is grounds for compensation. If you are unable to engage sexually in your relationship following an accident and your partner leaves, this is another way you can seek damages.

Pain and Suffering

This is a complicated item. Pain and suffering is the onset of mental, emotions, or physical distress caused by an accident. If you develop a sudden fear of being in the car, panic attacks, anxiety, depression, or any other effects after your accident, you can sue for pain and suffering.

There are many things you can sue for when you are involved in an accident and someone else is at-fault. It’s not easy to go through a lawsuit, it takes a lot of time, and it makes recovery from the accident more difficult as you’re constantly faced with it. Calling our offices allows you to learn what legal rights you have in regards to your accident. Our attorneys work with car accident victims every day to seek compensation from the at-fault driver when a car accident occurs.

Your initial consultation with us is free, and we don’t charge you any fee unless we win your case. We know it’s a difficult time in your life, and we want to help you put it to rest by seeking the damages you are entitled to, whether it’s one listed here or even the costs associated with a funeral or burial if a loved one died in this accident. You have rights, and we have the people who know them. We want to help you, but we can’t do anything to help your case until you call us and ask to speak to one of our attorneys.

What’s My Case Worth?