Flagstaff Truck Accident Lawyers
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident in Flagstaff, Arizona, you need experienced legal representation to protect your rights and pursue the compensation you deserve. At Lamber Goodnow Injury Lawyers, our dedicated team of attorneys has the knowledge and expertise to handle even the most complex truck accident cases. With over 30 years of experience, our lead attorney, Marc Lamber, has helped countless clients recover the damages they need to move forward after a devastating accident.
Truck accidents can be catastrophic, often resulting in serious injuries, property damage, and significant financial burdens. When a truck accident is caused by the negligence of a truck driver or trucking company, victims have the right to seek compensation for their losses. Our team at Lamber Goodnow Injury Lawyers will work tirelessly to investigate your case, identify all responsible parties, and fight for the maximum compensation possible.
Why Choose Lamber Goodnow Injury Lawyers for Your Truck Accident Case?
When you trust Lamber Goodnow Injury Lawyers with your truck accident case, you can expect:
- Over 30 years of experience in personal injury law, with a focus on truck accidents
- A proven track record of success in recovering significant compensation for our clients
- A client-centered approach that prioritizes your needs and goals throughout the legal process
- Aggressive representation to ensure the best possible outcome for your case
- No upfront fees – we only get paid if we successfully recover compensation for you
Arizona Truck Accident Laws and Regulations
Truck accidents are governed by a combination of federal and state laws and regulations. In Arizona, it’s important to understand the relevant laws that may impact your case:
- Statute of limitations: You have two years from the date of the truck accident to file a personal injury claim in Arizona. If you fail to file within this time frame, you may lose your right to pursue compensation.
- Comparative negligence: Arizona follows a comparative negligence standard, meaning that if you were partially at fault for the accident, your compensation may be reduced by your percentage of fault. However, you can still recover damages even if you were up to 99% at fault.
- Federal regulations: Truck drivers and trucking companies must comply with federal regulations set forth by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). These regulations cover areas such as driver qualifications, hours of service, vehicle maintenance, and cargo securement.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can occur for a variety of reasons. Some of the most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Driver fatigue: Truck drivers often work long hours, leading to drowsiness and impaired reaction times.
- Distracted driving: Texting, using a GPS, or engaging in other activities that take the driver’s attention away from the road can lead to accidents.
- Speeding: Excessive speed is a significant factor in many truck accidents, as it reduces the driver’s ability to react in time to avoid a collision.
- Inadequate training: Inexperienced or poorly trained drivers are more likely to make mistakes that can result in accidents.
- Improperly loaded cargo: Overloading or improperly securing cargo can cause trucks to become unstable and difficult to control.
Steps to Take After a Truck Accident
If you’ve been involved in a truck accident, it’s essential to take the following steps to protect your rights and build a strong case:
- Call 911: Report the accident and request medical assistance if needed.
- Gather information: Exchange contact and insurance information with all involved parties, and collect the contact information of any witnesses.
- Document the scene: Take photographs of the accident scene, including vehicle damage, road conditions, and any other relevant factors.
- Seek medical attention: Even if your injuries seem minor, it’s crucial to see a medical professional for a thorough evaluation. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent but can worsen over time.
Discuss Your Case With A Lawyer Now
FAQs: Flagstaff Truck Accident
Q: How long do I have to file a truck accident claim in Arizona?
A: In Arizona, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. If you fail to file within this time frame, you may lose your right to pursue compensation.
Q: What if I was partially at fault for the truck accident?
A: Arizona follows a comparative negligence standard, meaning that if you were partially at fault for the accident, your compensation may be reduced by your percentage of fault. However, you can still recover damages even if you were up to 99% at fault.
Q: How can a truck accident attorney help me with my case?
A: An experienced truck accident attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process, gather evidence to support your claim, negotiate with insurance companies, and represent you in court, if necessary, to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Q: What types of compensation can I recover in a truck accident case?
A: Victims of truck accidents may be entitled to compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and, in cases of wrongful death, funeral expenses and loss of companionship.
Q: Do I need to report the accident to my insurance company?
A: Yes, it’s important to notify your insurance provider of the accident. However, avoid providing any recorded statements or accepting a settlement offer without speaking to an attorney first, as this could jeopardize your claim.
Q: How much does it cost to hire a truck accident lawyer?
A: At Lamber Goodnow Injury Lawyers, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you pay no upfront fees. We only get paid if we successfully recover compensation for you.
"My wife and I had occasion to use Mr. Lamber and his staff for a legal matter. The entire staff was wonderful. They kept us informed of every step and communicated quickly and effectively as things changed or progressed. We would highly recommend Mr. Lamber and his staff to anyone needing legal advice or assistance. They had a very high level of integrity and professionalism. It's too bad there are only 5 stars for their rating. They are excellent."
"I just got rear-ended today, but I'm thankful I found this firm. They take care of you in general, and if you don't make enough to cover your costs, they back you up 100%. Stephanie Ramos gave excellent and kind customer service by getting me in motion with the whole process. Attorney Donn Coolidge gave me the rundown of the situation very clearly, and I'm looking forward to working with him. I fully recommend this firm!"
Jonathan Carrillo Lopez
2394 E Camelback Rd #600
Phoenix, AZ 85016